favorite place to stroll or hike?

Quote · 805 days ago · 1 people like this ·

hello,

i want to start something right now because while jogging on the treadmill is great and practical a lot of the times, it still doesn't beat walking outside with fresh air and scenery.

so if you are an avid hiker or love to jog, please feel free to share your favorite spots. it doesn't have to be specific trail/park, but just a place you enjoy strolling around in your area; even a place that you traveled to that you can't wait to visit again to hike!

so i'll start off:

since i live in los angeles, i enjoy going to the pasadena area for the huntington library and descanso gardens. very nice walk through the gardens and museums.

whenever i have out of towners visiting, i would take them to the hollyridge trail in hollywood that goes straight to the hollywood sign.

for challenging hikes i like bailey canyon in the sierra madre mountains, the rocky peak trail near simi valley and sandstone peak in the santa monica mountains.

Hi icebergNhennessy,

My name is Roxy, when I lived in LA county, I enjoyed Paradise Falls in Thousands Oaks its beautiful with a waterfall and Los Leon's Trial I think its Malibu, I also like walking around the Rose Bowl, they have nice trails.

i haven't tried the ones you mentioned my next visit back to Cali I will definitely try it. Hope to see more new places! 

Quote · 805 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I prefer to walk inside a mall with some nice ac. 

I've only went on a hike occasionally, i'm not too fond of hieghts. But the spots you mentioned sound so good.  (hollyridge trail in hollywood that goes straight to the hollywood sign). Is this a difficult hike? 

i would say the hollywood sign one is easy-moderate. it's a short hike that's about 45 mins to an hour.

I prefer to walk inside a mall with some nice ac. 

lol good one!

Quote · 804 days ago · 1 people like this ·

I live on 10 acres and my hubby has cut out trails in the woods where I love to walk with my dogs. Well I walk and they run and discover all kinds of things...lol Its always a great adventure...

Quote · 803 days ago · 1 people like this ·

Hello everyone!

I enjoy my 5 mile jog at hansen dam in LakeView Terrace or my 3 mile jog at Chandler Bikeway in Burbank. 

Quote · 803 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I live on 10 acres and my hubby has cut out trails in the woods where I love to walk with my dogs. Well I walk and they run and discover all kinds of things...lol Its always a great adventure...

Kmyway2016, That sounds really nice. Nothing better than going for a walk in your own back yard!

Quote · 802 days ago · 0 people like this ·

that sounds really nice!

Hi icebergNhennessy,

my name is Rosie 

I live in Sylmar the valley and there is a nice park called Carriso Park and its big and beautiful place to run ride hike .

ohh, i've been to carriso. that's a good picnic place.