While I agree...nothing is as good as pure water. I happen to prefer water over other drink options now but for those of you that may have a difficult time with water in the beginning...it's good to know that on the FL lifestyle other things do count. Here is an insert of the guideline for Day 5 of the 21 Day MM.
How to Add More Water to Your Day
There are lots of ways to get more water in your day. Beverages like coffee, iced tea, and other calorie-free beverages count toward your 12 glasses a day. But nothing is as good as plain pure water, so try these tips:
1. Drink one 8 oz. glass of water every hour while at work. If you add two more before work and two in the evening, you’re all done.
2. When you have a craving ... for anything, drink a glass of water. The water may help you feel full and quash the craving.
3. If you’re drinking fruit juice, cut it one-for-one with water (50% water, 50% juice)
4. After each trip to the restroom, drink a glass of water to replenish your system
5. If you drink diet soda throughout the day, drink two glasses of water between each soda
6. At each meal, drink at least two glasses of water. With each snack, drink one.
Hope this helps....but again...strive for the water.