Measurement adjustments

Quote · 1629 days ago · 1 people like this ·

I am fairly new to the online program so it could be that I am just missing something but I am having problems with getting the right portion of something in my eating journal. 

For example, say that a serving size of milk is 1/2c so when you search for milk it has all of the types of milk and it seems that most of them has 1/2c as the service size.  What if I don't want a full serving size?  I understand if I want 1/4c I can just put ".5" as half of the usual serving size but what if I want odd amount? It is hard trying to find out what % of a 1/2c 6tbsp is. lol 

Is there a way to choose a different size even if it is based on the regular serving size?  "Based on a 1/2c serving size... this is how much... 6 tbsp (for example) would be."  It would be nice in the portion size section you could change it to #6 and portion to tbsp. even if a regular portion is 1/2c. 

For some items it does allow this as I noticed my spaghetti noodles lets me change between cup, gram, oz but my pasta sauce only allows for "serving".

Am I just missing something and there's an easier way I haven't found yet?  Please help!

Kierstien (Smilyldykc)
Quote · 1629 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Hi smilyldykc! Great question! For Food Lovers Online, to provide the most options and most accurate information, we use an outside food database to provide nutritional values and information. Although this is great for finding any food you need, it also has some restrictions by how you can enter in serving size. You'll notice some foods offer different serving sizes and measurements while some are more restrictive, but we have found that using this database is the best for covering almost any food. Hope this helps and good luck with your weight loss!

Quote · 1622 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I found the same thing very frustrating when I started, so much so that I got discouraged quickly. I spent a lot of time on that thing but in the end I was sort of overwhelmed by it.  

Quote · 1622 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I found the same thing very frustrating when I started, so much so that I got discouraged quickly. 

Quote · 1529 days ago · 1 people like this ·

Hi,

Just for reference:  ¼ cup = 4 tablespoons, so ½ cup is 8 tablespoons.  6/8 = 3/4, or .75.

I do this kind of estimating all the time.

Sometimes egg whites are given in 3 tbsp servings, so--knowing that 4 tbsp is a quarter cup, I know that I just need to add another tbsp (another third) to the serving.  That way, if I want 1/4 cup I just add another third to it: 1.33 servings.

I hope this makes sense and is helpful!

Chuck