I'm always in the bathroom!

Quote · 1341 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I'm not a water drinker, and since I've started the program I've had to change that.  The problem is that I'm having to urinate every 20-30 minutes during the day, and every couple of hours of night, along with severe sleep apnea.  Is anyone else having this issue?  Have you resolved it and how?  I've been to the doctor, but so far she hasn't found anything.

I'm 55 years old, and need to get rid of the weight, but can't live my life in the bathroom! 

Quote · 1340 days ago · 1 people like this ·

Hey again!

That will eventually pass as your body gets used to all the water. I personally don't drink the water. I have always hated water so much and have tried everything in the book to make it more appealing to me. A few weeks back I was guzzling two cups with each meal/snack just to get it out of the way. If I carry a water bottle around with me all day to drink I won't even drink one bc I dislike it so much. I got off track for a few days and realized I was dreading all that water drinking. Honestly, I love everything else about this program so I decided to give it up. I've never been a water drinker and had success on this program several years ago so for me it works. All the peeing will level out eventually. Also, remember that a lot of our other beverages we have can be included in the total count for water. 

Quote · 1340 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I hope so, because I've tried several times with no luck.  I don't mind the water bottles, seems like I'm more likely to drink that way, and I can usually get at least 4 bottles down, sometimes with Crystal Light.  I just don't like being in the bathroom so much!

Quote · 1337 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Hi lorihall,

I have always been a water drinker, however I noticed that when I started this program 7 weeks ago that my restroom usage became a bit ridiculous. I have 4 kids 18 to 7 and when they were having accidents a lot the doc told me to make them wait 5 minutes and it helped them so much that I remembered to try this when it came to myself with this program. I also have a long drive to and from work each day so had to really figure out what to change. I get somewhere between 9 and 12 cups of pure water each day and also have hot tea and sometimes fat free milk to add to the tally most days. I believe I read years ago that it takes approximate 5 minutes for the water to leave your empty stomach and about half an hour for it to go through your system and into your bladder so if you keep that in mind when you drink the water and then time your water consumption so that it's not putting you into the bathroom so often it should minimize. If you eat while drinking the water it can take 30 to 120 minutes to leave your stomach so that may minimize as well. Also fewerlbs stated that it does get better and once your body understands that this is helping you it will calm down a bit. Please don't assume that there is something medical going on until you've given this program a chance to work for you. I have to stop drinking water by no later than 7:30 at night or I'll wake up more than once to go, I can handle 1 time to the bathroom each night, but not more than that. This program has actually helped me with my sleep and sleep apnea. I was diagnosed with moderate to severe and chose not to get the C-pap machine, and when I get regularly scheduled sleep along with losing weight and inches the SA has gotten so much better for me and my husband. Hope this helps and hope to chat again soon. Carmella

Quote · 1337 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I'm hoping the weight reduction will help with my apnea.  I'm already up to 20 lbs. of pressure and it's hard to get a machine that goes that high.  Do you mean to stay on the toilet for 5 minutes and empty as much as possible?  I teach and being in so often makes me miserable if I have to wait to go.  I haven't lost as much as I would have liked yet, and I'm starting my 4th week.  I've decided to stay on the 21 day cycle one more time at least, since it took me awhile to figure out the proportions, and I haven't been able to exercise regularly yet due to joint pain.  Figure that I'm going to have to build up my endurance.  I'm not an active person, so it's hard.  Thanks for the tip, I'm going to try it!

Quote · 1336 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I'm right there with u, Lori.  I must have been going 4 to 5 times a hour during the day and 3 to 4 at nite.  NO FUN!  Not to get gross, but since my bathroom is at the other end of my house and that long walk totally woke me up, I got a medical uinal bottle for women and i just use that at nite.

Of course, I sleep alone so I have privacy....lol.

I found I also needed to allow myself added salt (not a lot) which helps me a lot. 

I did find that after 2 months, my bladder must have stretched and gotten stronger because now i can hold it longer, and when i do go, its like 2 phases.  first the normal amount and i feel the "relief" sensation and feel empty...but then i still go more...almost the same amount......which I dont actually feel sensation-wise....i just feel it coming out, if that makes any sense.

Quote · 1336 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I'm right there with u, Lori.  I must have been going 4 to 5 times a hour during the day and 3 to 4 at nite.  NO FUN!  Not to get gross, but since my bathroom is at the other end of my house and that long walk totally woke me up, I got a medical uinal bottle for women and i just use that at nite.

Of course, I sleep alone so I have privacy....lol.

I found I also needed to allow myself added salt (not a lot) which helps me a lot. 

I did find that after 2 months, my bladder must have stretched and gotten stronger because now i can hold it longer, and when i do go, its like 2 phases.  first the normal amount and i feel the "relief" sensation and feel empty...but then i still go more...almost the same amount......which I dont actually feel sensation-wise....i just feel it coming out, if that makes any sense.

Quote · 1335 days ago · 0 people like this ·

That's encouraging.  I've tried before, but never stuck it out more than 3-4 weeks.  I've totally eliminated salt, other than what is already in the food, so since I'm past my 21 days, I may try adding a little back in.  With all of my health issues and not being able to get the proportions figured out at first, I'm just now beginning to feel hungry in between meals and snacks, although I have lost around 7 lbs. I'll have to keep plugging away at the water!

From what I understand too when you pee alot that is when you are dropping weight. And as someone said it does take awhile for your body to get used to drinking water. I used to drink alot but not so much until i started FLFLP again. 

It takes some getting used to!  Today seemed to be better, and I manage to drink more by supper.  I wonder if I need to push my intake up more and see if that makes a difference?  I actually was up to 7 cups today, instead of my usual 3-4.

I do know it helps if I try to get the drinking over with WHILE I'm eating, because it seem the digestion of the food helps slow the kidney processing of the water.  Not that I know any medical stuff...lol.  I just think it mixes with the food so it's not just pure liquid being processed at that time.  It's water AND food.  Just my assumption.  :) Plus it helps me fill up more, too.

bonnie