Female Body Type B

Quote · 71 days ago · 1 people like this ·

Hello everyone! was previously on the OLD 6WBM Forum (many..many years ago).  Just wanting to connect with other folks, like myself with a Body Type B plan and exchange recipes, tips, ideas and really support one another in this journey.  I am not sure who will read this, but know that just like many on this program, I was just tired of feeling tired, unmotivated, HUNGRY, and not being able to fit into my jeans.  But on a more personal note for me, I have PCOS and have been unable to have a baby, which has also impacted my ability to loose weight effectively.  I am hoping that by following this plan, low-carb eating, I can slowly start to reverse some of the onsets I have faced.  

So here is my humble contribution for a dry rub that can be used for chicken (or meats, shrimp, fish).  Now I have used this rub when cooking up chicken with some olive oil on a pan, but you can use it on grill or foreman.  I like to make batches at a time for Salads, Lettuce wraps, or to accompany carbs/veggies during meal time.  Enjoy!

Chicken Dry Spice Rub:

2 tsp, or to taste, Chili powder

1 tsp, or to taste, Paprika

1 tsp ground Cumin

2 tsps., Garlic powder

1/8 tsp ground black pepper

1/2 tsp Crushed Red pepper flakes (or to taste for heat ) -- OPTIONAL

Instructions:

(1) Combine the spice rub ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.

(2) Rub the chicken with the prepared spice rub and toss to coat

(3) Cook chicken to your liking. ENJOY!! 

NOTE:  Since, I purposely left out adding Salt to the spice recipe.  Please make sure that you wash your chicken really well, often times when not fresh (butcher, own chickens) they have sodium solution that they pack them in.  After you wash the chicken, pat dry to remove excess water, this will allow for spices to stick better.  

Quote · 64 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Thanks for sharing the rub recipe.  Sounds really good and it will fit well with the FL lifestyle too!  I'd love for you to join me in the chat room on Tuesday nights at 7:30 central.  I don't know a lot about the 6 WBM but I can tell you lots of tips with the FLFLS.  Keep us posted on your journey!  

JackieD.

Quote · 60 days ago · 0 people like this ·

That sounds delicious!

I used the 6WBMO program years ago and I'm starting again.

Taste is what really matters to me so I believe in using a lot of spices, lol.