Christmas Eve Recipes

Quote · 961 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I know, Christmas is coming. Better to plan ahead for Christmas eve. I need to add more menu and I need your advice. Any recipes are welcome. Something light and tasty. I want to surprise my family.

Quote · 961 days ago · 0 people like this ·

The great thing with the FL lifestyle is nothing is prohibited.  There are however tweaks I have made my norm to make any recipe FL friendly.  Any recipe you have can be made FL approved.  Some of my favorite tweaks are:

Eggs - egg whites or chia gel (made from chia seeds)

Sugar -Evaporated Cane Juice,  Stevia, Truvia, or Coconut Palm Sugar....the Coconut palm sugar is really good when a recipe calls for brown sugar.  It's low on the glycemic index

Flour - sub 1/2 for whole wheat flour or white whole wheat.  I also use almond flour or coconut flour on some recipes but this can be tricky and you may want to experiment with these before the big day. Note:nut flours don't rise as well so a rising agent may be needed.

Butter or margarine - Smart Balance or Coconut Oil

Shortening - Red Palm Oil

Cornstarch - Arrowroot powder

Salt - Pink Himalayan Salt

Peanut Butter - Natural peanut butter or almond butter

Vanilla for sugar - by cutting the sugar in half and adding a teaspoon of vanilla can give as much flavor and save a lot of calories

White Rice - Brown Rice

Ground Beef - Ground Turkey 

Bread Crumbs - Rolled Oats

Sour Cream - Greek Yogurt

Pasta - Whole Wheat Pasta or Spaghetti Squash

Milk - Unsweetened Almond Milk

Those are a few that come to mind.  Hope this will give you some ideas for tweaking recipes.  If you have a particular one you would like for me to tweak, message me and I will be happy to help.