100% Food Lovers Plates

Quote · 10 days ago · 1 people like this ·

Yeahhhhhh for me I made 100% Food Lover Plates today, and it was actually easy today for some reason,  I didn't sleep well last night though so I hope I can sleep better tonight.  Tomorrow I'm working on my meal plan for the rest of the week.

Quote · 9 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Great job! I have found some items come up different in the system. For example, I love Dave's Killer bread. Well I would assume that is a fast carb since it is bread. However, the when I plug it into the system, it comes back as a slow carb. I wonder if that is due to the fiber content? That kinda stuff throws me off! Then I had a protein which also included a fat, so that throws me too! :)

Quote · 9 days ago · 0 people like this ·

Hay thanks Fluttershee, I'm kinda surprised at how easy this is going fro me this time, either that or I'm more determined this time.  I know how confusing some of these things can be when you plug them in, I had a problem with some meal last time I did this and when I went to chat I asked JackD about it and she had me send the recipe to her and even she couldn't figure out why it was coming a red plate.  Are you going to Chat tonight, if you do jot down the nutritional info on those things you'er wondering about and maybe Jackie or one of the other members can help explain whats up with that.  Well gotta go, I gotta clean off my bike (Didn't get to it yet), and get my 12 minutes of cardio in.  Hopefully I'll see ya tonight, now I don't know where you are so don't forget its 7;30 Central time.  See ya later

Quote · 8 days ago · 0 people like this ·

That's great! I am having some issues with getting my meal plates correct. I seem to have too many carbs or fats in my plate. These are "in" the proteins or foods themselves. For example, I had an Atkins shake as a protein for breakfast and half and half in my coffee, well the shake also counted as a fat. Do you have these issues to Roselady?

Quote · 8 days ago · 1 people like this ·

No but I make all my meals from fresh, and I only drink black coffee, and I use almond milk.  See what i do is I think of things to make and I plug them in to my eating journal and then tweek them from there,  Like I wanted french toast this morning, so I put in french toast into the add food search, but it didn't come up with what I wanted so I went to food finder, then create a recipe and made up my own french toast, then went to my creations found my french toast plugged it into my journal  it came up portion to small so I added butter spray, strawberry's, and there wasn't enough protein so I add some ham and BINGO FL Plate.  So you just have to play around until you get your plate right.  I haven't been able to get a smoothie right yet though and the smoothie I love is to large of everything so I just have to play with it i guess.  I hope this helped I know it aggravating but you just have to be patient and you'll get it, and don't forget I'm here when you need help.

Quote · 8 days ago · 1 people like this ·

Hey Roselady and Fluttershee!  Glad to see you are doing well with the program!  I had noticed also, Fluttershee that the Dave's bread came up as a slow carb.....I'm submitting an email for clarification but it should be a fast carb....bread is always a fast carb.  I'll get back with you on this one.  Join me Thursday night this week in the chat room at 7:30pm central.  I want to hear how well you are doing! 

Quote · 7 days ago · 0 people like this ·

That will be great. I am looking forward to the chat. Thank you for the advise Roselady about the meal tweaking. I am also having a hard time finding a protein for breakfast to go with my oatmeal. I have to have the oatmeal in the morning to count for my daily fiber. I dont have to time to make an egg every morning. I need some good ideas.

Quote · 7 days ago · 0 people like this ·

I personally add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to my oatmeal or cereal every morning.  You want to use one that's FL friendly and has 5 or less carbs.   There's some that taste really good.